Hey people! I’m a fan of @jspector’s For The Interested newsletter and recommend you check it out. It features useful tips about how to grow your audience or business. Get it here. Also check out The 3-2-1 Thursday newsletter by @JamesClear is full of wisdom and practical insights. I think you’ll like it too. Please enjoy the goodies I have curated this past week for your weekend reads. Coming up now between March 8-13, 2021 are:
Oh, by the way, please fill out this survey. I need to know how I am doing with the newsletter and your participation helps. See ya next Friday!
My Foodie Adventures Sebring Diner: If you are on U.S. 27 in Sebring, FL during breakfast time, don’t forget to stop at this diner. Here’s my short review.
Nostalgia Stayin’ Alive (1983 film) This past week I saw this Sylvester Stallone directed film. In this sequel to ‘Saturday Night Fever, set six years after the events in the previous film, former disco king Anthony “Tony” Manero (John Travolta), now age 25, has left Brooklyn and is now living in Manhattan, staying in a flophouse hotel while he works as a dance instructor by day and as a waiter at a nightclub at night, looking for his big break in the modern dance productions on Broadway. Originally, I saw this film in the theater and less than a handful of times on cable TV. I understand why a lot of critics hated this film but I liked it. Now, I am not going to get to the specifics on why I liked it here but I agree with what some IMDB reviewers thought about the film. Great soundtrack from the film.
Webinar(s) to check out
Establishing Winning Technology and Data in Small Business and Startups Wednesday, March 10, 2021 | 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. | Zoom Webinar | Register here.
How to Develop Effective Presentation Skills Wednesday, March 17, 2021 | 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. | Zoom Webinar | Register here.
Built in Broward: Data Analytics with Tableau | Online | Thursday, March 18, 6:00PM – 8:00PM | Register at tinyurl.com/8vbttaa6
The Copy Cure is coming March 24th. Become a better writer!
Built in Broward: Creating Infographics and Data Visualizations | Online | Thursday, March 25, 6:00PM – 8:00PM | Register at tinyurl.com/2j62fbaj
“5 Lead Generation Strategies That Work” with Alex Oliveira
| Online | Wednesday, March 31, 12:30PM | Register at https://tinyurl.com/59exjwu8
If You Missed It… 2021 Recordings Here are videos and presentation slides on business ideas, learning interview skills and tax returns.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links that I will be showcasing are affiliate links at no additional cost to you, I’ll earn a commission. Please note that I only recommend products and services I’ve personally used and stand behind. When you use one of my affiliate links, the company compensates me, which helps me run this newsletter and keep all of my in-depth content free of charge for readers (like you).
Apps to try out I may change this topic to hacks or information on current apps and software. Anyway, send me a comment if you think that’s a better topic. So with that being said, you probably are having this issue with Google Drive regarding space. My Google drive is close to the 15GB limit. I found this useful article on this issue and shaved a couple of GB’s just following the instructions. Good luck.
Music I have been listening to this past weekThis week, I have been remembering a Latin flutist, a Bee Gee produced album and a Doobie Brother.
- Nestor Torres I came across this Latin flutist in South Florida where he was a staple in music festivals and festivals in general. His “Talk to Me” album is still talking to me all these years. I love this album!
- Guilty Album Barry Gibb produced album for Barbara Streisand.
- Michael McDonald Radio on Spotify with Paul Carrack, James Ingram, George Benson among others.
- As a Roku TV user and music fan, you should check out Boomer TV. Developed By Legal Evo. It has some never before seen concerts (kinda looks like handheld phone camera and footage I have yet to see on Youtube). Jimi Hendrix, early Run-DMC, and Joe Walsh to name a few are the rock and rap acts on this channel.
Where are they now? So today on Amazon Prime you are probably biting at the bit to see Eddie Murphy’s film sequel of Coming To America, “Coming 2 America”. For you music fans, here’s a short documentary on how the first film’s music and soundtrack was made from the great Nile Rodgers of Chic. Here’s a cool article on where they are now.
Something miscellaneous you may get a kick out of that involves:
- Florida I came across this article on The Hustle and felt because part of this story takes place in Miami, you may get a kick out of it. How a $5 sandwich sparked a war between Subway and its franchisees.
- Finding work Posted by Reddit user: u/disrespectfully1– My Unofficial Job Search Hacks Guide
- Book Since I have now found full-time employment, I am re-reading Michael D. Watkins “The First 90 days. Here’s a summary of the book and videos.
- Article 10 simple questions that CHANGED Greg Isenberg’s life (startup life, personal life)
- Productivity Here’s one of several bloggers I follow for tips on Blogging. Here’s his latest post on How to Work Smart and Stay Productive? Quick Tips by Laiq Zada
- Podcast Wanna know up to date information on Donald Trump’s potential downfall? Love him or hate him, former Trump attorney and fixer Michael Cohen’s podcast Mea Culpa has interesting interviews with a mix of guests that chime in on the goings on in TrumpWorld.
- Playlist While I was laid off from work, I have been learning how to meditate and this playlist from Goop has helped me keep calm throughout my day. Enjoy!
- Something nice A story about three little girls battling childhood cancer.
Disclosure: I am a brand ambassador for Guadalupe Roastery Coffee!
Check out their first post back in February 2021.
Guadalupe – Can a Coffee Market Change the Culture?
Thank you for your support!
Thanks for reading Ladies and Gentlemen!
Hey! Do you read The Hustle? It’s the best daily business newsletter out there — only takes 5 minutes to read and you’ll sound like the smartest person in the room. Sign up here, it’s free: https://thehustle.co/?ref=8156636959
Sign up for this weekly Friday Extra! Just add your email address below to subscribe. To unsubscribe, see the links in the below section of the newsletter.