Hola my friends and family, yours truly is now at Thanks For Subscribing website. Please enjoy the goodies I have curated this past week for your weekend reads. Coming up now between March 21-27, 2021 are:
- National French Bread Day
- Daffodil Day
- National Puppy Day
- World Tuberculosis Day
- Tolkien Reading Day
- National Spinach Day
- National Spanish Paella Day
Oh, by the way, please fill out this survey. I need to know how I am doing with the newsletter and your participation helps. See ya next Friday!
My Foodie Adventures Izzy’s Fish and Oyster
I can’t believe it’s a year now since I went to Fort Myers, FL for weekend escape. This trip was done just before the beginning of the pandemic. My wife and I had a good time. Nice shops, food and scenery. Izzy’s was simply delicious seafood especially the Dolphin Sandwich!
Nostalgia Huffy Bikes
So growing up in South Florida, all the neighborhood kids had a bike. Yes, there were different levels of makes and models according to what you could afford. My parents could only afford bikes at a Jefferson’s, Zayre’s or K-Mart. The Huffy Thunder Road was in my possession as a gift. My sister was gifted the girly version of the Huffy Thunder Road–The Sweet Thunder!
It’s nice to see the Huffy Brand is still around!
Webinar(s) to check out
Built in Broward: Creating Infographics and Data Visualizations | Online | Thursday, March 25, 6:00PM – 8:00PM | Register at tinyurl.com/2j62fbaj
“5 Lead Generation Strategies That Work” with Alex Oliveira
| Online | Wednesday, March 31, 12:30PM | Register at https://tinyurl.com/59exjwu8
Just in case You Missed It… 2021 Recordings Here are videos and presentation slides on business ideas, learning interview skills and tax returns.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links that I will be showcasing are affiliate links at no additional cost to you, I’ll earn a commission. Please note that I only recommend products and services I’ve personally used and stand behind. When you use one of my affiliate links, the company compensates me, which helps me run this newsletter and keep all of my in-depth content free of charge for readers (like you).
Need a Planner?
Music I have been listening to this past weekThis week, while listening to the local R&B station in South Florida HOT 105, a flood of old school jams have come into my radar. Check out some of the classics below:
Where are they now? The Fifth Dimension
Growing up in New Jersey, my Peruvian parents came into this country in the late 60’s and where hooked to the music of the time. Artists such as Johnny Mathis, Tom Jones, Sergio Mendes and Brasil 66, Burt Bacharach, and other albums were at my disposal. I would study the art work, lyrics and linear notes of each album. One group, comprised of 5 members with angelic voices and a sound that blew me away were the Fifth Dimension. These Vocal Group Hall of Fame winners dominated the late 60’s and early 70’s throughout the TV and Radio waves. The two 5th Dimension albums in my parent’s collection where Portrait and Love’s Lines, Angles and Rhymes.
It was a treat a couple of weeks ago while watching CBS This Morning to see the two founding members Marilyn McCoo and Billy Davis Jr. are doing well. Some people may say their sound is corny but these music and songs are part of the sounds of my life growing up in Jersey. No electronic instruments just some good old fashioned instruments with a grand orchestra. Funny, I gravitate more to music than TV. Here’s a compilation of the Fifth Dimension’s Hits. Enjoy!
Something miscellaneous you may get a kick out of that involves:
- Florida Save this date in May 2021! Knights of Columbus FSC – Ride for Vocations Support this 1st Annual Ride for Vocations starting with 10:30 am Mass co-celebrated with Archbishop Wenski and Auxilary Bishop Delgado at St. Katherine Drexel Catholic Church in Weston, Florida. The riders will then travel up Route 27 to Council 6624 in Kissimmee, Florida.
- Finding work Are You Looking For Jobs On The Right Websites? Maybe Not by Forbes. Here’s an upcoming webinar I recommend on Job Search strategies from Back On Track Network Team.
- Book The 5AM Club I just love how Ms. Soo breaks down Robin Sharma’s book on owning your mornings. I am still working on this folks.
- Article/Blog post Here’s a cool collection of Saturday morning memories from Gilbert Gottfried’s Podcast Twitter page!
- Productivity Here’s an old post of mine: The wonderful resources I found while on Broward Library Online | Broward.org/Library | PART 1
- Podcast I truly believe in Zig Ziglar’s quote on Automobile University. So in that spirit, in the last week, I have been listening to the BestBookBits podcast while going to my 40 minute drive to my job in Doral, FL. Michael Knight summarizes the best books for your brain. Take a listen.
- Something nice This flamethrower drone is fighting a wasp problem in China.
Disclosure: I am a brand ambassador for Guadalupe Roastery Coffee!
Guadalupe Roastery hasn’t always been successful as it is today. Learn about the early struggles and hard work put in by our founders in this week’s blog!
Thanks for reading Ladies and Gentlemen!
Hey! Do you read The Hustle? It’s the best daily business newsletter out there — only takes 5 minutes to read and you’ll sound like the smartest person in the room. Sign up here, it’s free: https://thehustle.co/?ref=8156636959
Sign up for this weekly Friday Extra! Just add your email address below to subscribe. To unsubscribe, see the links in the below section of the newsletter.