Hola friends and family, over the weekend I crossed over Alligator Alley into Naples FL to attend the Annual Naples Seafood and Musical Festival. Boy, was the weather brutally hot! Here are the dates for next year’s event! Check out “The Licorice Guy” for his delicious licorices. Enjoy the content I have curated this past week for your weekend reads. Coming up now between May 23-29, 2021 are:
- World Turtle Day
- National Scavenger Hunt Day
- National Missing Children’s Day
- National Sunscreen Day
- National Brisket Day
- International Day of United Nations Peacekeepers
Oh, by the way, please fill out this survey. I need to know how I am doing with the newsletter and your participation helps. See ya next Friday!
My Foodie Adventures | Pincher’s
While my wife and I were in Naples, FL, we took the trek to a seafood place we haven’t been to in a couple years in Bonita Springs, FL. Pincher’s has great seafood. Go to any of these locations!
Nostalgia | Disney’s River Country
Before Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach, Disney Parks had a wonderful waterpark called Disney’s River Country. I will just show you what it was than how it was abandoned. By reading other posts across the web, a hotel has been planned to take over the site.
Bonus: Here’s an eerily and informative Youtube video on the subject called Abandoned-Disney’s River Country. Sad, I missed this place so much.
Webinar(s) to check out Click on links below to register.
May 25, 2021 Business Resiliency Virtual Workshop
May 27, 2021 Mid-day Perks That Respect Your Natural Rhythms
June 2, 2021 Hustle Smart – Tools to Boost Daily Effectiveness & Productivity
June 14, 2021 The Tampa Bay Times is hosting an in-person Tampa Bay Job & Career Fair
June 15, 2021 Productivity Practices for Small Business and Entrepreneurs
June 24, 2021 Dissolving Workaholic Patterns With Nature
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links that I will be showcasing are affiliate links at no additional cost to you, I’ll earn a commission. Please note that I only recommend products and services I’ve personally used and stand behind. When you use one of my affiliate links, the company compensates me, which helps me run this newsletter and keep all of my in-depth content free of charge for readers (like you).
Need a Planner?
Music I have been listening to this past weekHere’s the tunes I have been listening to this past week.
Something miscellaneous you may get a kick out of that involves:
- Florida As a fellow brother Knight of Columbus, I am always promoting the great events the Knights hold from time to time across the state of Florida. Don’t miss these events:
–Thursday, May 27 Charity Ride for Vocations Benefit from Weston, FL to Kissimmee, FL
–Thursday, May 27 Scotch and Cigars in Kissimmee, FL-Please contact LORTIZKOCDD@YAHOO.COM to purchase tickets! https://buff.ly/2SSWY5L #kofc_fl #florida
–Sunday, June 20 Knights of Columbus Council 4851 Father’s Day Classic Car Show in Hollywood, FL
- Finding work Here’s what I did on LinkedIn to help out a fellow networker look for job! Check out the LinkedIn comments section for my response.
- Article/Blog post Interesting article on why To-do lists are useless. Here’s why.
- Productivity Do you know what is deep work and is it worth the hype?
- Podcast Former WWE Superstars Peyton Royce (Cassie Lee) and Billie Kay (Jessica McKay) announced their new podcast starts next Friday, May 21. The variety podcast is called Off Her Chops.
- Something nice For you my readers, here’s Mel Robbins’ “Million Dollar Morning Routine”. Now, go after it!
Disclosure: I am a brand ambassador for Guadalupe Roastery Coffee!
Can’t get enough of Guadalupe Roastery coffee? Join our coffee subscription program and get your favorite single origin roast delivered straight to your door every month. We’ve taken care of all the complicated parts so that you no longer have to go to the store or run out of coffee again!
(1) Simple select a country of origin & how much coffee you would like delivered to your doorstep, (2) then select favorite Guadalupe roast and grind (whole bean or ground), (3) how often you’d like it shipped (every two weeks or monthly), and we’ll do the rest.
Thanks for reading Ladies and Gentlemen!
Hey! Do you read The Hustle? It’s the best daily business newsletter out there — only takes 5 minutes to read and you’ll sound like the smartest person in the room. Sign up here, it’s free: https://thehustle.co/?ref=8156636959
Sign up for this weekly Friday Extra! Just add your email address below to subscribe. To unsubscribe, see the links in the below section of the newsletter.