This is a 4 module workshop series that will take you through the basics of starting up a business. If you are willing to roll up your sleeves & work with the instructors you’ll come away with a good understanding of the specific challenges & opportunities you will face. You will have a financial plan, a marketing plan, and an estimation of the funding you will need to get started.
Workshop #1: Ready to Start?
Monday January 10, 2022 – Online – 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
• Myths & Realities of Entrepreneurship – The truth about business ownership
• Do you have what it takes – Assessing your skills & experience
• Know your options: Different types of businesses – A closer look at various ways of starting a business
• Making it legal – The nuts & bolts of launching a new business
• Business Plan Basics – Why you need a business plan
Workshop # 2: Great Idea!
Monday January 17, 2022 – Online – 6:00 – 8:00 PM
• Refining your business idea – Steps to develop – Fine tune your business concept
• Doing market research – Steps to identify your target audience & learn how they buy
• Knowing your customer
• Doing competitive research – How to know what your competitors are up to
Workshop # 3: Marketing Your Business,
Monday January 24, 2022 – Online – 6:00 – 8:00 PM
• Branding your business – Steps to creating your brand
• Developing your marketing plan – Crafting a plan to communicate your marketing message
• Marketing your business with social media – What you need to know to use social media effectively
• Pricing your product or service – Learning to properly price your product for business success
Workshop # 4: Revenue & Profit Projections. Funding Sources
Monday January 31, 2022 – Online – 6:00 – 8:30 PM
• Financial Planning – Why you need it – How to forecast your sales, costs, profits and assets
• Understanding and using financial statements- 3 primary financial statements you need to know about
• Finding financing
Costs: Free of charge.
Sponsored by City of Hallandale.