Hi folks, I hope you had a splendid week. Please enjoy the goodies I have curated this past week for your weekend reads. Don’t forget for you football lovers it’s Super Bowl this Sunday. Don’t forget to view some of the commercials! See ya next Friday!
So as I noted in last week’s newsletter, I have taken the plunge to create a newsletter which I will send to you on Fridays on a weekly basis (oops! I know I said bi-weekly) and appear here on my newly named website: Preferences by Johnny Louey. After reading and viewing Khe’s recommendations on how to create a newsletter, it has inspired me to have one of my own. The topics of this newsletter will revolve around the highlighted topics below. Let’s begin:
My Foodie Adventures Finally, Chicken Salad Chick is in South Florida. By the end of this weekend, I am probably going to check out Hot Chicks-House of Chicken based in Pembroke Pines, FL. It has been recommended by NBC’s Today show and Yelp. Check out my review coming soon!
Nostalgia Well, as a music lover except for some country music, I love 60’s TV shows. One in particular was “It Takes A Thief” starring Robert Wagner. He played a sophisticated thief Alexander Mundy, who works for the U.S. government in return for his release from prison. What I loved about these episodes was the theme song played by Dave Grusin. I know he wasn’t the original music creator but he revamped it to make it funkier. Here’s a great playlist I found on the music of “It Takes A Thief” series that lasted between 1968 and 1970. Enjoy!
Webinar(s) to check out
FEB. 10, 2021: How to Write Online with David Perell
Effective Interview Skills | Wednesday, February 17, 2021 | 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. | Zoom Webinar Register Here.
Work Smarter with Google’s Productivity Tools | Grow With Google | Wednesday, February 17, 2021 | 9 a.m. PST / 12 p.m. EST Register Here
FEB. 23, 2021: YOU GOT THIS! How to Find Business Ideas by Understanding Business Models
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links that I will be showcasing are affiliate links at no additional cost to you, I’ll earn a commission. Please note that I only recommend products and services I’ve personally used and stand behind. When you use one of my affiliate links, the company compensates me, which helps me run this newsletter and keep all of my in-depth content free of charge for readers (like you).
Apps to try out
Mailchimp: As you probably read in last week’s newsletter, I created/co-founded 2 newsletters the “Mighty News Feed” and “Communique” using Mailchimp. In the past 7 years, it has worked for me. It can help you market smarter and grow. Explore Forever Free Options as well as it makes it easy to create email campaigns, landing pages, and more. The free version is all you need to start but if you get the paid version it can be costly but have great features.
Where are they now? Lee Majors: I was thinking about this actor when I happened to come across his show on TV the other day. This Six Million Dollar Man actor looks like he’s doing well at age 81 and has a hottie for a wife!
Something miscellaneous you may get a kick out of that involves:
- Florida Wanna escape to a place for the weekend down in the SW Florida area? Here’s my review of one place you outta check out!
- Finding work Need some money? Join Appen! Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, video, and other data used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. Here’s my personal link to join .
- Book Since the beginning of 2021, I have been reading this man’s book on habits and implementing his tips. Buy Atomic Habits from James Clear.
- Article Check out how this stadium is turned into a concert venue. https://chdr.tv/2ccfc
- Health The New York Times have been excellent in reporting about the Coronavirus. Here’s a link to sign up for their Coronavirus briefing.
- Faith For you catholic men who would like to be in a brotherhood where you help out in a community, church or charities, consider becoming a Knight of Columbus. Here’s an article I did about the KofC.
- Productivity Did you know CNBC’s The Profit, Marcus Lemonis is more than a TV personality? He is a successful entrepreneur, advocate and philanthropist. Check out his free business learning center.
- Podcast Since 2014, I have been listening to the crazy comments of this man has been saying when he is interviewing his heroes from TV, films and radio. Love him or hate him (he can be raw in his comedy routine) Gilbert Gottfried is a funny man. There is too many episodes to name when he’s been hilarious with guests. Check out his podcast here.
- Playlist This is more of greatest hits than a playlist. Enjoy some Michael Franks this weekend.
- Something nice Man leaves €2m to French village that hid his family from Nazis
Thanks for reading Ladies and Gentlemen!
Hey! Do you read The Hustle? It’s the best daily business newsletter out there — only takes 5 minutes to read and you’ll sound like the smartest person in the room. Sign up here, it’s free: https://thehustle.co/?ref=8156636959
Sign up for this weekly Friday Extra! Just add your email address below to subscribe. To unsubscribe, see the links in the below section of the newsletter.