Hi folks, I hope you had a delightful week. Please enjoy the goodies I have curated this past week for your weekend reads. So coming up is President’s Day, Mardi Gras (there will not be any parades nor festivals) and Valentines Day. Nice, so with all that time off why don’t you start a side business? My fellow blogger Ryan Robinson of Ryrob.com has the 100 Best Business Ideas You Can Start in 2021 (and make money on the side). Click on over there and check it out!
See ya next Friday!
My Foodie Adventures Just before you cross over into Georgia, don’t forget to visit this seafood palace in North Jacksonville!
Nostalgia This past Monday was John Williams‘ birthday. If you don’t know who he is, you must be living under a rock. He is the Mozart of film soundtracks from movie blockbusters in the past 30 years. Here’s a Spotify playlist of his greatest hits!
Webinar(s) to check out
FEB 16, 2021: Career Hacks For Free Technical Certifications
Effective Interview Skills | Wednesday, February 17, 2021 | 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. | Zoom Webinar Register Here.
Work Smarter with Google’s Productivity Tools | Grow With Google | Wednesday, February 17, 2021 | 9 a.m. PST / 12 p.m. EST Register Here
FEB. 23, 2021: YOU GOT THIS! How to Find Business Ideas by Understanding Business Models
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links that I will be showcasing are affiliate links at no additional cost to you, I’ll earn a commission. Please note that I only recommend products and services I’ve personally used and stand behind. When you use one of my affiliate links, the company compensates me, which helps me run this newsletter and keep all of my in-depth content free of charge for readers (like you).
Apps to try out Clickup is your all-in-one project management software. I use it for its to-do list but it has so many features. I love its many integrations with your favorite software such as Google Calendar. Try it, it’s free!
70’s/80’s music I have been listening to this past week
Prince Jazz Funk Sessions 1977 Instrumentals WARNING: This is Prince in ’77 and has a smooth jazz sound fusion-which I love! Genius . . . I miss him dearly.
Where are they now? Cast of The Warriors (1979 film): Classic fictional film of how gangs were rampant in 70’s New York. This film portrayed them has characters from a superhero comic littered across the boroughs in NY. Basically, the story centers on a New York City gang who must make an urban journey of 30 miles (48 km), from the north end of the Bronx to their home turf in Coney Island in southern Brooklyn, after they are framed for the murder of a respected gang leader. I wish I could have seen this film on the screen but I have seen it hundreds of times during the launch of cable TV in the 80’s. Here’s a short breakdown about the cast and their website/social media presence:
Cleon, WarLord, leader of the Warriors played by Dorsey Wright.
Swan, War Chief of the Warriors played by Michael Beck.
Mercy played by Deborah Van Valkenberg.
Cochise played by David Harris.
Fox played by Thomas G. Waites.
Ajax played by James Remar.
Cyrus, leader at the Conclave played by Roger Hill is deceased.
Rembrandt played by Marcelino Sanchez is deceased.
Cowboy played by Tom McKitterick.
D.J. played by Lynne Thigpen is deceased.
Masai played by Edward Sewer is deceased.
Cropsey played by Joel Weiss.
Other things I found:
This site has it pretty down packed of the locations of where the film was shot. Here’s another one. This site even breaks it down to key scenes. Something to note: A Warriors series may be coming to Netflix according to this article. Don’t forget the short video they did back in 2015! Here’s a before and after surprise pic of Swan, Mercy and Ajax!
Something miscellaneous you may get a kick out of that involves:
- Florida The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services is working to connect Florida producers with consumers and businesses to purchase Florida products.
- Finding work I found this job opening on Trevor McKendrick’s newsletter-How It Actually Works so I thought I pass it on to you my readers. Please share if you know any one in need of work.
- Book I love watching Chef Kevin Belton cook his delicious New Orleans dishes on PBS. Kevin Belton’s New Orleans Celebrations and Kevin Belton’s New Orleans Kitchen are PBS shows and companion books he has out now. Stay tuned, he’s coming out with new shows and book this summer!
- Article/Blog post As you can see, this newsletter is written in the WordPress platform. So I get to see some great posts from other writers writing on this platform. I will be posting and promoting some like Jean Soo of Improve with Soo-Self Improvement. I love her summaries of great self-improvement books!
- Health Cannabis reduces blood pressure in older adults, according to Ben-Gurion University researchers
- Faith Prayers are a solemn request for help or expression of thanks addressed to God or an object of worship. The tradition of the Catholic Church highlights four basic elements of Christian prayer: (1) Prayer of Adoration/Blessing, (2) Prayer of Contrition/Repentance, (3) Prayer of Thanksgiving/Gratitude, and (4) Prayer of Supplication/Petition/Intercession. Pray daily 🙏. Don’t forget! Wednesday, February 17, 2021 is Lent!
- Productivity I have been following Paul C. Brunson since Covid-19 started. He has a lot of action tips and so much knowledge working with billionaires. Check out his 10 Steps to Make $1 Million as an Entrepreneur in 2021 video. It’s pretty much actionable but keep focused. Here’s the slide deck for your review.
- Podcast Did you know a former U.S. President now has a podcast? Former U.S. President Bill Clinton has a podcast on iHeartRadio. Cool interview with jazz historian and jazz artist Wynton Marsalis. #whyamidoingthis
- Playlist I created this playlist on YouTube awhile back because I wanted to hear more of Sting’s collaborations, rarities and other artists singing his songs throughout the years. I know it’s not all of his works but it’s a good start. Enjoy.
- Something nice I am loving this new Marvel series coming to Disney+.
Thanks for reading Ladies and Gentlemen!
Hey! Do you read The Hustle? It’s the best daily business newsletter out there — only takes 5 minutes to read and you’ll sound like the smartest person in the room. Sign up here, it’s free: https://thehustle.co/?ref=8156636959
Sign up for this weekly Friday Extra! Just add your email address below to subscribe. To unsubscribe, see the links in the below section of the newsletter.